Frances Kimball

Frances Kimball, Record Management Information Specialist

Health Information Management Services

Medical Records

Request Medical RecordsRequest Your Medical Records

Complete our authorization to disclose protected health information form.

Download Form Now

Request an Amendment to Your Medical Records

If you find any information in your record that you believe is incorrect, you have the right to request that it be changed.

Download Form Now

It's a good idea to keep copies of your medical records. You'll need them if you change doctors, move, get sick when you're away from home, or end up in an emergency room. If any of these things happen and you have your records, you may get treatment more quickly, and it will be safer. You can access portions of your medical record via My Patient Connect, our patient portal. If you're enrolled in My Patient Connect, log in to view what's available. If you're not yet enrolled, now is an excellent time to do so!

How to Request Copies of Your Medical Records

To request copies of your medical record for your own use or to disclose to health care providers, insurance companies, attorneys, or other third parties, you must make your request in writing by completing our authorization to disclose protected health information form. Once the form is completed send it to Health Information Services via USPS mail, fax or hand delivery. 

Concord Hospital
Health Information Management Services
250 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301

(603) 227-7518

Hand Delivery
Deliver to the HIMS Office in the Diagnostic Imaging Suite at Concord Hospital.

If you have questions, contact Health Information Management Services (HIMS) at (603) 228-7312.

We may utilize a trusted business associate to fulfill your request in compliance with state and federal regulations.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you provide copies of birth certificates?

No. The Concord City Clerk's Office provides certified copies of birth records to immediate family members for births that occurred in Concord, NH, prior to 1989, as well as for births that occurred in any city or town in the State of New Hampshire after 1988.

Can I obtain a copy of medical records other than my own?

Generally, you may not. There are some exceptions. You will need to provide written documentation to verify any of the exceptions:

  • If you have written authorization from the patient.
  • If you are the patient's legal guardian.
  • If you are the surrogate on another person's Durable Power of Attorney and it has been activated by a physician.
  • If the patient is under 18 and you are the parent or legal guardian.
  • If you are a surviving spouse or next of kin of a deceased patient and you have completed the

    affidavit of surviving spouse or next of kin seeking access to medical records in accordance with New Hampshire Revised Statutes Chapter RSA 332-I:13.